Wednesday, February 14, 2007

6... er, 3... Weird Things



We were tagged by Brooklyn Sea Hag:

The Rules : Each player of this game starts with the “6 weird things about you." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own re: 6 weird things, as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you are tagged” in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Since there are two of us, we’ll each be contributing three. Unfortunately we are both too boring for six.

Also, we are cyberspace losers. We don’t have enough friends with blogs to tag 6 people, so we’ll tag 3. And I bet none of them will do it!

Here are my three:

1) I had an asymmetrical haircut in fifth grade. It was cut above the ear on one side and was long enough to cover my ear on the other. I can’t remember what the hell happened in the back. This is actually a well-known fact among certain circles (for example, my fifth grade classmates, and Boulos), but really must be noted. I think it was the first time my mom let me choose my own hairstyle after forcing horrible “mushroom cuts” on me, and man, did I show her.

2) When I’m free of schedule constraints and “the man” has loosened his grip, I am pretty much nocturnal. For example, quite often on a Friday night I will stay up until 5 or 6 am and then I’ll sleep until 5 pm on a Saturday. This is probably why, during the week, I have a tendency to oversleep. It’s difficult for me to go to bed before 2 am, even on weeknights.

3) Fuck, I am way too normal. Actually, that’s not true. But this blog is not quite as anonymous as it probably should be and I have a little brother and employers, etc. My first and last names are on this thing now (thanks Boulos!), so a lot of stuff has to be skipped. But here’s a decent one: in second grade, my locker was right across the hallway from the boy’s bathroom and I found myself frequently compelled to peek in when the door swung open. Being a good Christian child at a Lutheran school, I also felt compelled to tell my mother about this. I don’t remember her reaction at the time, but I do know that we now like to laugh about what a pervy kid I was. Of course, by third grade, I was charging for hand jobs in that same bathroom. But mom doesn’t know that.

I am tagging Tania (you’d better do it, I can think of about 20 weird things about you), Alice and Dave – but theirs is a wedding blog, so maybe weird things about them as a couple, or about their wedding – and Sarah, or technically the Waves.

3 comments:

Alice said...

Ok I don't actually know 6 whole people to tag but I'll do my best to at least come up with the weird facts, considering our wedding blog has been dead for months. I think you may be the only person who has ever successfully commented (although grandma swears she tried to)

Alice said...

Ok, I've been brainstorming and I can't even think of 6 things that are appropriate for posting on a public forum. Maybe Dave can do better. Don't hold your breath, though.

Amanda said...

I totally had that problem and since it's your wedding website, I can imagine it is worse for you. It's ok, we understand.